Ensuring an excellent customer experience can be tricky but an effective guide can help.
SHARE THE ARTICLE ON
Good customer experience is a vital takeaway for any customer. It’s what pulls a customer back, increases retention and instills a repetitive engagement. The value of customer experience that gets delivered is based on the customer- centricity of an organization. This allows companies to understand the viewpoint of customers and conduct business in a manner that eases the customer journey through specialized service.
“Focusing on customer experience makes a company more resilient”– pointed out Mr. Jeff Bezos, the CEO of world’s largest e-commerce platform Amazon. It is this focus that needs to be reiterated so that businesses don’t lose sight of the bigger picture.
Here are 70 customer experience statistics that will substantiate the power held by customer experience in today’s dynamic business environment.
Watch the video below to learn how Voxco can help you can enhance your overall customer experience.
1)74% of consumers are at least somewhat likely to buy based on experiences alone.
(Forbes / Arm Treasure Data)
2)Consumers will pay a 16% price premium for a great customer experience.
3) 80% of consumers are more likely to purchase when brands offer experiences personalized to them.
4) 65% of respondents would become long-term customers of a brand if they can provide positive experiences throughout the customer journey.
(Forbes/ Arm Treasure Data )
5) Americans will pay 17% more to do business with firms with great reputations when it comes to customer service.
6)88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience.
7) 64% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand to others if it offers simpler experiences and communications.
8)32% of customers are willing to walk away from a brand they love because of just one bad experience
9) Over 46% of Gen Z buyers are willing to pay more for the same product if they can shop in their favourite online store.
10) 93% of customers are likely to make repeat purchases with companies who offer excellent customer service.
11) 42% of consumers say a seamless experience across all devices and channels is a “top expectation”.11% of decision-makers see seamless, omni-channel experiences as the most important factor when delivering quality experiences.
12) 68% of consumers say it increases their perception of a brand when companies send them proactive customer service notifications.
13) 59% of consumers find that self-service options improve their customer service experiences.
14) 52% of consumers say they have made an additional purchase from a company after a positive customer service experience.
15) 78% of consumers said their customer service experience improves when agents don’t sound like they’re reading from a script.
16) 63% of customers say the best brands exceed expectations across the customer journey.
(Wunderman, via Adobe)
17) 70% of consumers say they have already made a choice to support a company that delivers great customer service.
18) 68% of customers believe the key to great customer service is a polite customer service representative.
19) 44% of consumers say they have received the wrong answer from a customer service representative in the past.
20) Over half of consumers say that the main reason they cannot resolve an issue on their own is because there is too little information online.
21) 76% of shoppers use their mobile phones to shop because it saves them time. However, only 12% of shoppers felt it provides them the most convenient shopping experience (4x less than desktop).
22) There will be a 40% increase in digital customer service interactions in 2021.
23) Over 300,000 chatbots are active on Facebook Messenger to help consumers get quick answers to questions.
24) Both in the United States and world wide,18%of customers expect a response from a company’s social media within one hour.
25) 5% of U.S. consumers report reaching out to a business over social media at some point in 2017.
26) 48% of consumers expect a response to social media questions and complaints within 24 hours.
27) 72% of corporate strategists say their company digital efforts are missing revenue expectations.
(Harvard Business Review)
28) 90% of customers have had poor experiences seeking customer service support on mobile devices.
29) 79% of businesses say live chat has a positive effect on sales, revenue, and customer loyalty.
30) While 89% of customers want to use text messaging to communicate with businesses, only 48% of businesses are equipped to handle text messaging.
31) The average American tells 15 people when they’ve had a poor customer service experience.
32) 79% of consumers who shared complaints about poor customer experience online had their complaints ignored.
33) 58% of American consumers will switch companies because of poor customer service.
34) After more than one bad experience, around 80% of consumers say they would rather do business with a competitor.
35) It takes 12 positive customer experiences to make up for one negative experience.
(Ruby Newell-Legner’s “Understanding Customers”)
36) 78% of customers have backed out of a purchase due to a poor customer experience.
37) Only 19.3% of customers that have had a bad customer experience with a brand will report directly to such brand.
38) 1 in 26 unhappy customers actually complain.
39) 91% of customers who are unhappy with a brand will just leave without complaining.
40) 47% of consumers have made the choice to switch to a different brand due to bad customer service within the last year.
41) If the company’s customer service is excellent, 78% of consumers will do business with a company again after a mistake.
42) Companies that excel at the customer experience drive revenues 4% to 8% higher than those of their market.
43) Friendly employees or customer service representatives are what make a memorable experience that causes consumers to stick with a brand, for 73% of customers.
44) An NPS Promoter score has a customer lifetime value that’s 600%-1,400% higher than a Detractor.
(Bain & Company)
45) 83% of customers agree that they feel more loyal to brands that respond and resolve their complaints.
46) Nearly three out of five consumers report that good customer service is vital for them to feel loyalty toward a brand.
47) A positive customer experience encounter can increase customer spending by up to 140%.
48) 72% of people that have a positive customer experience will share their story with six or more people.
49) Increasing customer retention rates by just 5% can increase profits by between 25% and 95%.
(Bain and Company)
50) For 86%, good customer service turns one-time clients into long-term brand champions.
51) 80% of companies are now investing in the omnichannel experience.
52) 67% of customers say that they would prefer self-service over speaking with a company representative.
53) 90% of business leaders have reportedly increased their customer experience a good deal since they started using data analytics reports.
54) 87% of businesses believe that traditional experiences are no longer enough to satisfy customers.
55) Worldwide,67% of people believe that customer service as a whole is improving.
56) 75% of brands report that they are measuring customer engagement, but cannot define what it is.
57) The average company saw the percentage of calls scored as “difficult” by reps increase by more than 100%.
58) The size of the U.S. CX industry is expected to grow 15% annually from 2021 to 2028.
(Grand View Research)
59) 70% of financial companies, 58% of tech companies and 50% of retailers anticipate having a larger budget to invest in CX technology in 2021.
60) 76% of executives say improving CX is a high or critical priority.
61) 70% of the customer’s journey is based on how the customer feels they are being treated.
62) Your online conversion rate can improve by roughly 8% when you include personalized consumer experiences.
63) 71% of consumers (age 16 – 24) believe that a quick response from your service team can drastically improve their customer experience.
64) 69% of consumers first try to resolve their issue on their own, but less than one third of companies offer self-service options such as a knowledge base.
65) 57% of customers won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile.
66) Millennials are the only demographic of Americans who tell more people when they have a good customer service experience rather than a bad one.
67) 72% of consumers see having to explain their problem to multiple people as poor customer service.
68) Brands are viewed more favourably by 77% of consumers if they proactively invite and accept customer feedback.
69) Two-thirds of customers are willing to share personal information with companies–but only in exchange for some perceived value.
70) Two-thirds of companies compete on customer experience, up from 36% in 2010.
Net Promoter®, NPS®, NPS Prism®, and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc., and Fred Reichheld. Net Promoter Score℠ and Net Promoter System℠ are service marks of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc., and Fred Reichheld.