Last update: January 8, 2019, V 4.3
Who we are
Voxco is a provider of survey software to market and social research organizations, insights departments, universities, and governments. As a general course of business we may collect personal data from clients, system users, job applicants, individuals who fill out forms on our website or have asked for information about our products and services via other means, and those wishing to provide services to Voxco. In these situations we are the Data Controller (i.e. the party that determines what data should be collected and how it will be used).
Data collected by our clients
Voxco clients use our software to gather survey answers from individuals. All of our products are provided through a self-service platform, whereby our clients decide what data to collect, how to manage the data and which of their system users should have access to the data. In this regard, our clients, who own and control the data they collect, are the Data Controllers; while Voxco is the Data Processor (we only process personal data based on direct and specific instructions from our clients).
The information we collect
The personal information gathered by Voxco falls into two main categories: (1) any information you actively provide to Voxco and (2) information we collect through other means.
Information you provide us
- your name, gender, job title/role and professional contact details (e.g. phone number, email and company, office address);
- any other personal information that you actively share with us through one of the following means: filling out forms on our website (www.voxco.com) or related webpages, by sending an email, participating in an online chat, by providing information in any applications that we use for technical support, by leaving voice mails, or other means;
- purchasing and payment information, including any credit card and banking information that you provide Voxco to process payment;
- if you visit our offices, you may be required to sign-in at our security desk by providing your name, contact information and other credentials;
- your CV (curriculum vitae) or portfolio of work that you send us as part of a job application at Voxco;
- any other information you provide us that may be relevant to your relationship with Voxco and that enables us to provide you products, services and information.
Information we may collect from other sources
In addition to information you provide us, we may also collect information from third parties and via automated means from our website (described below).
The sources and type of personal information includes:
- Third party sources: occasionally, we may collect personal information about you from publicly available sources such as, for example, Google and LinkedIn; as well as from third parties including our partners or supply chain members.
- Your employer: if you are an employee of a Voxco client (active or previous client), any personal information (e.g. email) that your employer gives to Voxco in order to provide you system access to your company’s Voxco account or other Voxco resources; or, similarly, if you are an employee of a company to whom Voxco is providing product information, demos or other communication, any of your contact information that your employer provides to Voxco in order to give you said information, product demonstration or other communication.
- Website usage information: like most website operators, Voxco collects certain information automatically about our website traffic in order to optimize the visitor experience and continually improve our website. Specifically, when you visit our website (www.voxco.com) and any associated webpages, we may collect the following about your interaction with the site: URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, location data and other information about how you used the website.
- Device information: when you use our website (www.voxco.com) we collect, by automated means, technical information such as IP address or other device identifier, geolocation data, and operating system version.
- Samples: when you download our sample mobile app or participate in a sample survey, we may automatically collect information about your device (computer or mobile device).
How we use your information
The data we collect about you is exclusively for Voxco’s use. We keep your information strictly confidential and never sell your information to others. Furthermore, we only share your information if we have your consent, or if required to meet legal and contractual service obligations. We limit access to your personal information to those at Voxco who have a legitimate business need to view it. All our employees are contractually bound to privacy and confidentiality obligations.
Voxco only processes personal information where you have provided consent, Voxco has a legitimate interest, or due to legal/contractual obligations.
The processing purposes include:
- to ensure that our website is presented in the optimal manner for you;
- to fulfill our obligation in providing you with information, products, and services (including training) that you request from us;
- to provide you with product demonstrations, videos, sample surveys, mobile apps, information or proposals for future services that you requested, or may be interested in;
- to carry out our obligations stemming from any contracts between you and Voxco; including processing for billing purposes or for payment transactions through service providers;
- to meet legal, security, and regulatory requirements; and to protect against fraudulent, suspicious, or other illegal activities;
- to establish and maintain general communications with you, including to notify you about changes to our products and services.
How long we store your personal information
Voxco will store your personal information only for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Retention periods can vary based on criteria that include: scope of purpose, contract requirements, operational needs, legal reasons and archiving requirements. We will delete or depersonalize any personal information once it is no longer needed or if you send us a written request to do so.
Where we store your personal information
The majority of the personal data that Voxco collects through forms on our website, or directly from customers of Voxco, is stored in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system we use, namely Salesforce.com. This company is a global leader in CRM services and is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Their privacy statement and certification can be found at: www.salesforce.com/ca/company/privacy/.
Other personal data may occasionally be stored and processed at our local offices.
With whom we share your personal information
Voxco only processes your personal information for its own purposes – we do not sell nor use your data for commercial purposes. Voxco relies on a limited number of third-party service providers to assist us with our business activities. These entities may process some of your personal information in connection with the services they provide on our behalf. They do so under instructions from Voxco and are bound by contractual obligations to provide adequate protection of your data in line with regulatory requirements.
These third parties may include:
- companies that provide Voxco with key services in fulfilling our business obligations, such: CRM system provider, data server hosting, IT & infrastructure services, video hosting, marketing services, etc.
- sub-contractors who, under confidentiality engagement with Voxco, help us augment the support and professional services we provide to clients;
- financial and other type of institutions that provide Voxco with billing, payment and financial insurance services;
- our partners who may provide you ancillary or complementary information, services and products.
If required to comply with any legal obligations, including national security or law enforcement requirements, we may share our personal information with third parties. And if we are involved in an acquisition, sale, or merger, we may transfer some or all of your personal data to such a third party.
Manage your personal information
You can control the personal information we have about you in several ways.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves onyour computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Voxco uses ‘session cookies’ (which are erased when you close your browser) and ‘permanent’ cookies to recognize repeat visits. The use of these cookies helps Voxco improve your browsing experience and evaluate website behavior at the aggregate level. We use this information exclusively for internal purposes and we do not share this information with other parties.
How to control cookies?
You can modify your browser settings to decline or control cookies as you wish. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to experience our website as intended and to the full functionality.
Opt-out of communications
Voxco occasionally sends marketing emails to provide information about new products, services and features. You may opt-out of receiving such communications by using the unsubscribe link included in the footer within each email, or by contacting us at one of the addresses provided below.
Note that our system users cannot opt-out of transactional communication regarding active services that are relevant for the business relationship they have with Voxco (e.g. maintenance emails, release notes).
Your rights to your personal data
You have certain rights over your personal data that Voxco collects and processes. These rights, subject to local data protection laws, may include the following rights:
- to be informed about the purpose for which your data is being collected;
- to access your personal data held by us;
- to have incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected;
- to erase/delete your personal data to the extent permitted by other legal obligations;
- to restrict Voxco’s future processing of your personal data;
- to transfer your personal data to another controller to the extent possible;
- to object to any processing of your personal data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests.
To exercise your rights, please contact us at one of the Voxco addresses listed below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the complexity of the request, we aim to address all requests within 30 days of receipt.
Voxco certification under Privacy Shield
A goal of the Privacy Shield program is to inform European and Swiss individuals about their rights with regards to their personal data that is transferred from the European Union, the United Kingdom and Switzerland to the United States. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program please access: https://www.privacyshield.gov.
Voxco provides products through a self-service platform, whereby our clients are the Data Controller and Voxco, as a Data Processor, only treats data based on instructions from our clients. Data that our European SaaS clients collect using Voxco’s survey tools, are stored on servers in the European Union, unless the clients requests a different location.
In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU individuals received pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield, Voxco is potentially liable.
To obtain additional Information
If you live in the EEA (European Economic Area):
66, rue Escudier
T. +33 (0) 1 77 70 00 50
If you live outside the European Economic Area:
1440 St. Catherine Street West
Montreal, Quebec, H3G 1R8
T. +1 514 861-9255
European GDPR – complaints
US-EU Privacy Shield – complaints
If you are a European or Swiss resident and have unresolved concerns about the manner in which Voxco maintains or uses your data under Privacy Shield, please contact the Insights Association (see link below) for more information and to file a complaint. These dispute resolution services are provided at no cost to you.
The INISGHTS ASSOCIATION PRIVACY SHIELD PROGRAM is a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Insights Association.
If neither Voxco nor our resolution provider resolves your complaint, you may have the possibility to invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel.
As per Privacy Shield, Voxco is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Additional privacy aspects
Privacy of minors
We do not knowingly provide this website for anyone under the age of 16. Those who are less than 16 years of age should not use our website.
Links to other websites
As a service to our website visitors, we may provide links to other (non-Voxco) websites. Any such links are provided solely for your convenience. Voxco is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read their privacy policies prior to providing any personal data.