Careers at Voxco
Technical Writer, Software
Location: Montreal, Canada
Global Survey Software
Voxco is a global provider of survey software that is used to create web, phone/mobile and face-to-face surveys. Our products are geared mainly to an international B2B client base that spans over 30 countries. Clients include researchers in academic, government, non-profit and business organizations who use our products to collect feedback and answers to surveys. Voxco’s products are available as SaaS and On-premise.
Voxco is an entrepreneurial company that values collaboration and is dedicated to our customers’ success.
To help us create user-friendly documentation, we are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our Product Team in Montreal.
In this role you will develop, maintain and standardize high-quality documentation for the end-user audience of our various software products. This includes creating context-sensitive Online Help, Release Notes, and other technical documentation that contribute to the successful adoption of our products. The documentation must be in a style that is easy to understand, provide ‘how-to’ guidance, while also being technically accurate in all the details. You will collaborate with subject-matter experts in the R&D, Quality Assurance and Marketing teams.
What you will do:
- Be relentlessly curious about how our software works. Collaborate with R&D team to fully grasp both the technical function and the value that new features add to our products.
- Update, manage and maintain our Online Help for our suite of products. Add new information with each release and correct any errors as these may be detected. Continue to improve older sections.
- Plan, develop and create additional user documentation including Release Notes, product announcements, User guides, scrips for videos, and others as needed.
- Contribute to continually improving the way we create user documentation for our clients. Look for new and innovative ways to efficiently help our users understand our products’features.
- Develop documentation standards as needed (style, use of screenshots, tone, etc.). Determine best ways to convey technical information using a combination of text, images, screenshots.
- Ensure that all user documentation conforms to our style guide and is technically accurate.
- Manage document translation into French, post-translation proof reading and personally translate some smaller technical docs.
What it takes:
In order to be considered for the position you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a professional technical writing role.
- Experience writing for a B2B end-user audience, ideally in software, SaaS products.
- Bilingual (English/French) with excellent English communication skills and strong command of grammar, rules of composition, etc.
- Strong analytical capability. Must be able to learn the products by hands-on experience, grasp the interrelated software features and the business productivity aspects these features address.
- Obsessed with technical details and accuracy. Intuitive sense of page layout, design etc.
- Proven ability to write, organize, edit, standardize, and verify documents to meet content specifications.
- Highly motivated individual who can both initiate and lead projects.
- Experience with Madcap is definite asset.
- Bachelor in Communication or other relevant degree, or equivalent work experience
- Only candidates who can work full-time in our Montreal office will be considered.
We pride ourselves on being a close knit group that works together to make Voxco a great place to spend your day. A bit about our work environment:
- Montreal downtown, close to Guy-Concordia station
- Full range of health benefits (health insurance)
- Dining room and a game room
- Healthy snacks, complimentary weekly group lunches
- Dynamic and stimulating international work environment
- Group activities (e.g. Yoga)
- Referral bonus
- Group RRSP program