Voxco Coding Challenge
Starts February 5, 9:00 a.m. EST
Ends February 8, 9 a.m. (EST)
Débute le 5 février, 9 h (HNE)
Se termine le 8 février, 9 h (HNE)
Challenge Ends in
Create a Survey!
Requirements (functional and non-functional)
- It must be built in C# and/or React.
- It must have 3 pages.
- It must allow for navigation between pages.
- It must be tested.
- It must have a Submit button at the last page.
- It must display a “thank you” message at the end of the survey.
- It must store and present its results.
- Its source code must be delivered in a public GitHub (or similar) repository, with a README page explaining how to run it.
Presentation message: Welcome to the Coffee Survey! This survey will ask you a few questions about your coffee habits.
- How many coffees did you take today? (single answer)
– Only one, I swear
– I stopped counting at three
– I don’t drink coffee
- What do you put in your coffee? (multiple answers)
– Maple Syrup
- From which country does your coffee come from? (select answer from a list)
- What’s your maximum number of cups of coffee per day?
- Rate the following types of coffee. (stars rating)
– Café Latte
- Do you have suggestions to improve this survey? (answer is optional)
Time allowed to finish the challenge – Two days. If you finish early, write in with your solution.
Kindly confirm your participation in the challenge by replying to this email. Let us know where you’ll be sharing the source code.
Step 1 : If you’re seeing this, you would have already received an email containing the details of the challenge and you would have already confirmed your participation
Step 2 : You’ve received the challenge commencement mail to arrive at this link with instructions to the coding challenge.
Step 3 : Submit your project before or on 8th Feb 2021 (10 AM ET)
Step 4 : Results will be announced by Tuesday.
Next Steps – We’ll evaluate your submission and call you for a discussion. We’ll confirm the timings by Tuesday. We will have a discussion with you around your submitted solution and your experience.
Based on how that goes, we’ll declare if you’ve been selected.
All the best
Étape 1 : Inscrivez-vous au défi de codage utilisant le formulaire ci-dessus. Suivez notre page LinkedIn pour des points extra.
Étape 2 : Après l’inscription, vous recevrez un courriel confirmant votre participation.
Étape 3 : Vendredi le 5 février 2021 à 9 h (HNA), vous recevrez un courriel contenant des instructions pour commencer le défi de codage.
Étape 4 : Envoyez votre projet avant ou le 8 février 2021 à 10 h (HNE)
Étape 5 : Les résultats seront annoncés mardi.
Prochains étapes : Nous évaluerons votre proposition et vous appellerons pour discuter avec vous. Nous confirmerons le moment au plus tard mardi prochain. Nous discuterons avec vous de la solution que vous avez proposée, ainsi que votre expérience.
En fonction de ce qui se passe, nous pourrons vous dire si vous avez été sélectionné.
About the position
Voxco – Web developer (.NET) – Intermediate
Global Survey Software
Voxco is a global provider of survey software for phone, web, and interviewer-administered surveys. Our software can be deployed both on-cloud (SaaS) and on-premise. Voxco is a rapidly growing entrepreneurial private equity backed company with a close-knit team. We value collaboration and take pride in our innovative product development and high standards of customer service.
We are looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our Research & Development team in Montreal. We work in an agile development environment. As a member of our R&D team, you will actively participate in the development of new applications and functionalities for our products, as well as in the maintenance of our existing solutions.
With your R&D peers, you will help and participate in these ways:
- Contribute with updates to existing products, including bug fixes and enhancements to the functionality.
- Create functional and design specifications.
- Write code that conforms to the specifications.
- Create and execute tests required to ensure the quality of the code.
- Develop and evaluate User Stories based on client functional requirements.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to continuously improve our products and processes.
- Support internal & external clients with advanced support issues, when required.
What it takes
In order to be considered for the position you must meet the following requirements:
- Degree in computer science or the equivalent.
- Good mastery of Microsoft .NET development tools and C# for web applications (MVC)
- Knowledge at various levels of SQL and Entity Framework.
- Asset: Mobile development experience (iOS & Android).
- Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken).
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in software development.
- Be versatile, quality-driven, self-reliant but also able to work well in a team.
Voxco is an international, entrepreneurial company. We pride ourselves on being a close knit group that works together to make Voxco a great place to spend your day. A bit about our work environment:
- Montreal downtown, close to Guy-Concordia station
- Full range of benefits.
- Employer contribution to public transportation reimbursement.
- Complimentary health-snacks and weekly lunches.
- Dining room with games.
- Dynamic and stimulating international work environment.