Global Survey Software
Voxco is a global provider of web applications that are used to create web, mobile and face-to-face surveys. Organizations in over 30 countries rely on our industry-leading technology to collect feedback and gain insights. Voxco is an entrepreneurial company with a close-knit team. We value collaboration and are dedicated to our customers’ success.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to join our growing R&D team in Montreal. Voxco’s clients use our web applications on a daily basis to create diverse and complex surveys. By helping to continually improve our products, the UX Designer will enable our clients to work faster, better and have more fun along the way. We need someone who has a strong eye for simple, elegant design but who understands that customer satisfaction stems from extraordinary user experiences.
What you will do:
- Be a strong advocate for excellence in User Experience. Continually push for easy-to-use features, intuitive functionality and simplicity of design across every facet of our product development process.
- Stay current on latest design trends in web, responsive and mobile app user experience. Actively share best practice knowledge with the Voxco team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to understand client needs, identify user problems, and devise design solutions.
- Design and conduct user research and testing.
- Develop detailed wireframes, user task flows, mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate designs and product requirements.
- Test, refine, and validate your designs with users and internal teams.
- Create templates and style guides for our product interfaces.
What it takes:
In order to be considered for the position you must meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years professional experience designing UX for web applications.
- Experience designing for mobile applications is an asset.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your work that clearly demonstrates relevant, user-centric design.
- Strong analytical capability. Quickly able to grasp complex user interface problems. Understand impact of User Interface design on productivity esp. in B2B software.
- Understand business requirements and can translate these into software functions / user interface design.
- Able to work autonomously and initiate/lead projects.
- Proven ability to take an iterative approach to design. Open to receiving feedback and working collaboratively on design solutions.
- Strong sense of current visual design trends, typography, layout.
- Experience in wireframing and prototyping. Able to rapidly prototype.
- BA/BS or other relevant degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Bilingual (English/French).
- Only candidates who can work in our Montreal office will be considered.
We pride ourselves on being a close knit group that works together to make Voxco a great place to spend your day. A bit about our work environment:
- Montreal downtown, close to Guy-Concordia station
- Full range of health benefits (health insurance, access to clinic)
- Dining room and a game room
- Healthy snacks, complimentary weekly group lunches
- Dynamic and stimulating international work environment
- Group activities (e.g. Yoga)
- Referral bonus
- Group RRSP program