Global Survey Software
Voxco is a global provider of web applications (both SaaS and on-premise) that are used to create web, mobile and face-to-face surveys. Our clients include academic, government, non-profit as well as business organizations that reply on our industry-leading technology to collect feedback and gain market insights. We regularly release new features and product updates for our suite of products. Voxco is an entrepreneurial company that values collaboration and is dedicated to our customers’ success.
Voxco’s product documentation is geared to an international B2B client base that spans over 30 countries. To help us create user-friendly documentation, we are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our Product Team in Montreal. In this role you will collaborate with the R&D, QA, and Marketing teams. You will develop, maintain and standardize high-quality documentation for the end-user audience of our survey software. This includes documentation for our context-sensitive Online Help, Release Notes, FAQs and other technical documentation that contributes to the successful adoption and use of our products.
Does this sound like you?
- Curiosity is your friend. You like to deep-dive to understand how new features work.
- Both superficial and unnecessarily complex technical documentation drive you crazy.
- You believe in high quality work and are always looking to improve.
- You don’t wait to be told what to do next, you are always one project ahead.
- You are also a great team player who can collaborate closely with team mates and is open-to feedback.
- You are well organized in your work habits and are diligent in managing document versions.
- You want to work in an environment where you can make a difference and have lots of flexibility to shape your job into something awesome.
What you will do:
- Be relentlessly curious about how our software works. Work with R&D team to fully grasp how new features add value to our products and how to communicate this to our clients.
- Manage Voxco’s documentation projects including conception, schedules, roll-out and translation.
- Write clear, comprehensive product documentation in various formats (FAQ, Help, Release Notes, Product Announcements, etc.).
- Validate documentation for accuracy and usability.
- Determine ways to convey technical information using a combination of text, images, screen shots.
- Manage document translation into French, post-translation proof reading and personally translate some smaller technical docs.
- Occasionally participate in training sessions and client demos to better understand client information needs.
- Help evolve and improve our documentation standards/templates across different channels (RoboHelp, training hand-outs, Feature sheets, etc.)
What it takes:
In order to be considered for the position you must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a professional technical writing role.
- Experience writing for a B2B software company is an important plus.
- Excellent communication skills and strong command of grammar, rules of composition, etc. Bilingual (English/French).
- Strong analytical capability. Quickly able to grasp interrelated software features and the business productivity aspects these features address.
- Highly motivated individual who can intuitively initiate and lead projects.
- Experience with RoboHelp is an asset.
- Bachelor in Communication or other relevant degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Only candidates who can work in our Montreal office will be considered.
We pride ourselves on being a close knit group that works together to make Voxco a great place to spend your day. A bit about our work environment:
- Montreal downtown, close to Guy-Concordia station
- Full range of health benefits (health insurance, access to clinic)
- Dining room and a game room
- Healthy snacks, complimentary weekly group lunches
- Dynamic and stimulating international work environment
- Group activities (e.g. Yoga)
- Referral bonus
- Group RRSP program